Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- 1.0 “Caterer” refers to both the provider of food, alcohol and events services by, and on behalf of the gourmet group. These terms and conditions apply to the services of the caterer/ the gourmet group in both an active and consultancy role.
- 1.1 ‘Additional Costs’ means such additional costs attributable to the provision of Additional Services to the Customer by the Caterer together with ancillary charges for delivery and collection of supplies within Central London, storage, corkage and handling charges that may be charged by the Caterer from time to time (which shall include VAT where applicable and/or other taxes, duties and appropriate other charges) details of which will be set out in the relevant Invoice.
- 1.2 ‘Additional Services’ means any additional services the Caterer may agree to provide to the Customer in accordance with clause 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.3 ‘Agreement’ means any agreement between the Caterer and the Customer for the provision of Catering Services incorporating these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.4 ‘Catering Services’ means the Catering Services set out in the Agreement together with any Additional Services to be provided to the Customer by the Caterer under the terms of the Agreement.
- 1.5 ‘Facilities’ means the facilities and/or equipment to be provided by or on behalf of the Customer at the Premises on the Function Date.
- 1.6 ‘Function Date’ means the date and time of the function specified in the Agreement. The Caterer shall be responsible for: providing the Catering Services at the Premises on the Function Date;
- 1.7 ‘Invoice’ means any invoice given or dispatched to the Customer detailing the Catering Services, the Price, Additional Services and any Additional Costs.
- 1.8 ‘Price’ means the price to be paid by the Customer to the Caterer for the Catering Services as specified in the Agreement which shall include VAT where applicable and/or other taxes, duties and appropriate other charges.
- 1.9 Premises’ means the Premises specified in the Agreement at which the Catering Services are to be provided.
2.0 Applications of terms
3.0 caterers obligations
4.0 The grant and the customers obligations
5.0 price and payment
6.0 force majeure
7.0 additional services
8.0 limitation of liability
9.0 termination by notice
10.0 Termination on default etc. Either party may at any time by written notice terminate the Agreement without liability for compensation or damages if:
11.0 Entire understanding
12.0 law, jurisdiction and mediation
13.0 third party rights
- 14.1 All dispute by The Client must be made to the managing director within 14 days of the event
- 14.2 The Caterer must respond to any initial dispute within 7 days of receiving the dispute
- 14.3 Disputes of damage to Client property are subject to clauses 8.1 to 8.8
- 14.3 Disputes raised by The Client with regard to quality or deliverance (or non deliverance) of agreed services by The Caterer are subject to clause 14.1 and 14.2. Any discount or reimbursement in line with such disputes are at the discretion of The Caterer. The Caterer reserves the right to cover costs incurred in the delivery of catering services even if there is a dispute over quality or deliverance of contract agreement.
16.0 SUB CONTRACTING TO THIRD PARTIES
- 16.1 The Caterer will from time to time employ subcontracted parties to provide chef or front of house services, these parties are self employed individuals who are acting as their own business contracted to The Customer via The Caterer.
- 16.2 In the event of any disputes arising to quality of product, service or issues of wear and tear and or damage deemed to be at the fault of one of these subcontracted parties then The Customer may be redirected to the managing director of the relevant subcontracted party. In this event The Caterer is obliged by the terms of these conditions to provide The Customer with all the relevant company and contact information for the sub contracted party and be as helpful as possible with any mediation, but will not be held responsible in the event of dispute.
- 16.3 Damage, wear and tear, disputes of quality of service or product deemed to be at the fault of one of these sub contracted third parties will be forwarded to any third party sub-contractor and disputes deemed as being between Customer and the third party with limitation of liability placed upon The Caterer.